BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday 11 May 2010

7.5 miles and my Ipod

Yesterday, was cold and windy.
Yesterday, I planned on seeing old friends and hanging with the new.
Yesterday, I planned on being here and there.
Yesterday, I walked 7.5 miles.


As we all know, days never ever go as planned. I mean, the world would stop turning if they did.
I visited with a darling friend and managed to score a few hours of work for the week. How exciting! I walked on over to my other friend who lives near my darling friend. Only to find they weren't home. Conveniently forgetting to tell me they'd be out when we had planned on seeing each other. No biggie. I looked down at my Ipod and wondered, 'Do I wait three hours for my ride home, or do I attempt to walk it?' Being Irish and stubborn, I walked it. All 7.5 miles (I googled it!) I enjoyed every step, even the uphill ones. I still can't quite believe I walked all that way on mer whim. But, I did end up getting a Latte,Basil,Rosemary, and Beef eater tomatoes. Because, when one walks for a very long time, you become attracted to the idea of growing things. Because, when one walks past forests and ponds, you become excited by the idea of maybe growing and having little things in your yard...That is also how one spends 20 dollars..

0 comments: