BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday 17 November 2009

Tears and smiles

Professors,Students, and Coffee.

Last night was encouraging and fun. I was introduced to a few girl students and joined their bible study. Boy was I thankful for Daddy's training me to be ready on the spot. Since, After the intoductions, I was told I had a half an hour to share. Suprised and slightly disgruntled I began to share on my life story. Basically a short version of Thailand,Mom, and family struggles and stories.
I had them all tearing up and a few crying. I felt terrible, it's simple little life brings tears to others eyes. I told them how our ministery works, what Dad and I do, and so on. After the sniffles passed they were encourged and excited to try and live life in a new manner. I felt very blessed to have been able to encourage them.
After dinner and more bible discussion we parted ways.

Things that made me Chuckle: Passport control " You're going to Bandung?" Me" Yes, to visit friends" PC " What? You have friends in Bandung? Really? Wow" - The fasinaction with my womanly talents of cooking and crochet - The fact I'm the only white person I've seen in two days.

Happy things: I seem to be considered a 'weird' foriegner because I eat everything,shower out of a bucket, and sleep in small spaces without issue.
Sad things: I think I slightly scare the shy girl who is with me today. Sigh, I swear, I don't bite

0 comments: