BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday 25 October 2009

Day one Of my Thai vacation

Caterpillars and long drives.
Beautiful mountains and hot springs.
Little houses on the mountain side.
And long evenings laughing with friends.


Twelve Thais and one foreigner. It's been exciting only understanding 70% of what's going on. Surprisingly enough, I'm very relaxed. My trip started with lunch at the Sirilana National Park. A place you can rent a house boat or sit beside the huge lake and have lunch. The latter is what we did. Lunch was an interesting affair, my diet of only seafood and veggies was a topic of major intrigue. It went something like this " Can you eat chicken?" Me. "No, only seafood or vegetables" Them." Shrimp?" M." Yes, and fish too." T." Pork?" M" No, I don't eat meat." And so on and so forth.
I'm beginging to be accepted by the group. They realize I can speak Thai, I just chose not to speak unless spoken too. But, they've begun to see..Even though I am white, I don't bite.
We arrived at the second highest mountain in Thailand around 5. And proceeded to take tens upon hundreds of pictures. This, I soon was to find out, is what vacation means.
After settling into our little houses we regrouped and had a delicious dinner or northern Thai food. Yet again, my diet was the topic of interest. It seems they expect it to change over a few hours. We hung around the restaurant until it closed then moved into one of the houses. Sitting around late into the night chatting and snacking on caterpillars..Fried and dried. Yum..Yum..

0 comments: