BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday 15 October 2009

The Ocean and the Chicken

Warning this is a long blogpost

Chicken dances and Jellyfish impressions.
Snacks,coffee, and late night meals.
Dancing on bus, between buses,while shopping, and on the dance floor.
Girls shouting for me and Boys following me.
Beautiful sunsets and nighttime swimming.
Lovely Three days.


Where to even begin? For the past few days I was attending a English Camp. Under the pretense of being a teacher. I think I had as much fun as the kids did. From the many meals we ate together to the Dead Chicken Dance. It's hard to summarize all the experiences. So, I will try and highlight my favorites.

Dad and I taught 'In the Fridge' and 'Darts.' But, we really just played with the kids. Thank God for our speaking abilities! It really allowed us to bond with the kids and get to know them faster then the rest. I soon developed a small group of kids who followed me around or vice versa. It started out with about 4 girls and 2 boys. But, by the end of today, it grew to about 25+ kids following or dancing with me. I felt so loved! We had crazy dance parties, last night and on the bus. Unlike America your allowed to club dance on the bus. The bus driver became out DJ and nearly all the students on my bus were dancing,shouting, and having a grand time. I certainly got a workout while swimming. I was the center of a circle, the goal was to try and 'tag' me. Whew, After playing that for half an hour it switched to Boan bon! Or Tugboat. Which means, Latch onto 'Mata!' and have me pull them around. I think at one time I had about 10 girls all holding onto each other and me.
The Teacher's preformance was humerous and the kids were just adorable. After all, Thailand is a preforming culture. So everyone had to do a skit/dance/song. Including 'The Foreigners.'
I'll have more pictures on Facebook. So, go check them out.
Happy things: Making new Thai little friends
Sad things: As all camps do, it ended:[
Things that made me chuckle: Dancing between buses..Don't ask:]




0 comments: